Ever wondered what Happens to our Body if you consume Coke!Apr 26, 2019
Do you love drinking coke? Would you like to know what happens to your body in one hour when you take coke?
This article will help you to understand what happens. It’ll also help you to think about the long-term effects of fizzy drinks like coke. Remember: Health is your personal responsibility. You are what you eat and drink. No one can take care of your health better than yourself.
In The Initial 10 Minutes
- Your internal system is attacked by a shocking 10 teaspoons of sugar in 10 minutes. This is a huge amount of sugar for you to take in such a short time.
- You could actually have nausea and vomiting if it had not been for the phosphoric acid plus other flavourings in the coke beverage that decreases the flavour of sugar. This is what suppresses the sugar’s immediate impact.
In 20 minutes
- Your blood sugar increases, multiplying the amount of insulin.
- So internally, the liver senses that there’s something strange going on in the body. It wants to take action.
With such a huge amount of sugar in the body at an enormous speed, the liver starts working hard to turn any amount of sugar that it can convert into fat.
In 40 minutes
- Caffeine has now been completely absorbed
- With such an enormous amount of sugar in the body, great trouble continues mounting inside.
- Your blood pressure shoots up.
- Even your eyes starting feeling the effect and they dilate.
- Your brain starts reacting. Adenosine receptors in the brain close their doors so that the drinker of coke does not feel sleepy.
In 45 minutes
- Your body now starts producing plenty of dopamine.
- And this dopamine now stimulates that part of the brain that makes us feel that pleasure.
In 60 minutes
- Minerals like calcium, magnesium and zinc are now held captive by phosphoric acid in your lower intestine. They are blocked from performing their intended purpose in your body.
- Now these salts or minerals continue being locked up in your lower intestine. And the result? The metabolism in the body will increase highly. The trouble doesn’t end there.
- Those sugars and sweeteners in the coke complicate this problem as well and now the much needed calcium in the body starts to be released from captivity through urinating.
- And that vital calcium, magnesium and zinc which are very much needed by your bones do not carry out their intended job in your bones. You’ll urinate them because caffeine makes you want to urinate. So everything goes out through peeing!
- What else goes out? Sodium, electrolytes and water go out along with the urine!
As things start subsiding inside of you, you start experiencing a sugar crash. With what result? You’ll become grumpy, irritable or slothful. A lot of water has left your body.
This is just what happens in one hour after drinking coke. There’s more.
Think about the long-term effects of drinking coke
Why should you think about long-term effects of drinking fizzy drinks like coke on your health?
- Firstly, keep in mind that health is your personal responsibility. You are what you eat and drink. No one can take care of your health better than you.
- And you’ve to remember that coke contains refined salts and caffeine and a lot of fructose corn syrup.
- It’s been said that such sugary drinks like coke increase inflammation in your body. This is how the immune system behaves in case of both heart disease and insulin resistance.
- Once you have this insulin resistance, you put yourself at a greater risk of different ailments such as type 2 diabetes, higher blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and numerous cancers. These are long-term effects.
- A study that was carried out by Harvard University shows that drinking just one can of sugary fizzy drinks like coke a day raises the risk of heart disease by 20%.
- By now we should all know the health risks associated with soda due to its highly acid forming recipe of sugar, carbonated water and additives like salt and phosphorous.
What’s the health tip here? Drink coke in small amounts! Limit the amount you take per day or per week! Why? Because small amounts of coke won’t do much harm to your health!
Clearly we need to pay attention to the long-term effects of drinking coke on our health more than what happens to our body in just one hour after drinking coke! But, you need to be aware of that as well.