Have a Refreshing Break in Saputara, Gujarat’s Premier Hill StationMar 09, 2018
Go off the beaten track and visit Saputara in Gujarat for your refreshing summer break with family or friends. Saputara, Gujarat’s only hill station, is delightful in any season and can be reached by road from Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara or Mumbai using state transport buses or private vehicles on the national highway. Visitors can also arrive by train to Bilimora which is the nearest railway station or fly up to Vadodara. Have an activity filled vacation at this scenically beautiful hill station situated in the Western Ghats in Dang district at an altitude of 1000 metres above sea level.
Saputara is the right place to enjoy a relaxing break that involves sightseeing, boating, paragliding, cable car rides and visiting national parks.
Sunrise Point and Sunset Point
You can watch nature’s beauty unfold at Sunrise Point or Valley View Point which is located on a peak and can be reached by trekking or ropeway. Sunset Point or Gandhi Shikhar is another popular spot where tourists gather to view the glory of sunsets and view the beautiful expanse of landscapes and greenery.
Saputara has several nature parks among which are
- Saputara lake: a small clean lake where visitors can go boating in paddle or row boats.
- Giradhodh Waterfalls: experience the delightful and refreshing waterfalls near Waghai especially during the monsoons.
- Step Garden: A small garden with steps, fountains, flowering plants
- Lake Garden: A beautiful garden and a popular picnicking area for families situated in the heart of town.
- Vansda National Park: This thick dense forest park with flowering plants that is home to tribal population is 40 kilometres from Saputara. This is a reserve for wild animals such as antelopes, deer, hyenas, leopards, several species of birds and reptiles.
- Rose Garden and Waghai Botanical Garden: Rose garden is as the name suggests filled with beautiful roses and Waghai Botanical Garden has a large collection of refreshing plants.
- Girmal Falls: A naturally beautiful waterfall which is located near Girmal village and best experienced during cooler months.
- Purna Wildlife Sanctuary: This forest area of about 160 square kilometres has different types of flora and fauna and a fascinating place to visit for wildlife enthusiasts.
- Echo Point: This is a famous viewing and picnic spot and visitors have a lovely view of the landscape around and can click nice pictures.
Saputara has many more interesting things to do including a visit to the Artist Village where you can view tribal art or Hatgadh Fort which is situated 5 kilometres away from the hill station a serene place with fine scenic views. Saputara Museum is an interesting place to visit if you want to discover the local culture and history.
Tourists can visit Saputara during the annual Monsoon Festival arranged by the Gujarat Tourism or the Janamadi Darbar a religious festival that is celebrated in grand style which includes great Garba dance performances. Other interesting activities for tourists who visit the hill station is to experience a relaxing stay at the Forest Log Huts close to nature. There are unlimited ways to enjoy your vacation in Gujarat’s unique hill station.